The Oil & Gas sector, whose Industrial Process is based on refining and producing Oil & Gas derivatives, is an industry that has to deal with a growing demand for energy, cultivated by the continuous evolution of the global economy. Large investments in this industry require reliable and high-performance processes to ensure a return on investment over time.
Nowadays is possible to have predictive evidence that dramatically decreases the number of accidents and fatalities with very great accuracy. The Oil & Gas industry is headed for no more platforms with integrity risk or that have any chance of accident or fatality, all scanned by the deployment of softwares such as IBM Maximo and sensors.
With the intensive use of new software / industry technologies 4.0, the cost of production has been falling, showing that the oil market is necessarily innovative. And now, the uses of renewable energies tend to occupy a very strong space in the world. Therefore, the Oil and Gas sector will only become competitive if it can extract the oil at a cheaper cost and less and less polluting. This can only be achieved with very strong innovations, and it is necessary to consider the operating variables, the interaction between yields and final products according to the economic bases associated with oil refining and the impact of recent environmental legislation, making this market extremely challenger.
The asset maintenance, management and monitoring are key areas, and ‘IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas‘ software provides to the companies applications that support integrated processes to improve safety, reliability, environmental and operational performance in compliance with regulations. The main objectives are to reduce operational risk and increase return on assets.
The IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas is a complete tool for maintenance management, and also addresses the following specialized needs of the oil and gas market segment:
- Action tracking and regulatory compliance
- Asset specifications and failure codes
- Audit and survey preparation and analysis of findings that is based on results
- Benefits and losses that are associated with improvements and solutions
- Bypass management and activities that are associated with bypass operations
- Certification specifications to verify that standards for assets or personnel are met
- Defects, incident management, and continuous improvement.
- Drilling construction and completion
- Drilling and production run reporting
- Investigations, including after action reviews and root cause failure analysis
- Lock out and tag out operations planning and definition
- Management of change and standard actions that are associated with management of change and action tracking
- Matrix-based work prioritization and forward planning of work according to plant conditions
- Operator logs, loss reporting, solutions, and lessons learned
- Operator log books that you use to review all shift log entries that relate to an asset or a location. Operator log books link shift log entries together into a log book. An operator log book facilitates the organization of operator logs and their associated actions, such as the Shift Log Handover action. Personnel who are taking over from an earlier work shift can review the progression of events and be aware of the possible need for action.
- Permit and certificate planning, risk matrixes, and risk assessment
- Permit to work creation and definition of associated activities
- Preparation of work activities in support of the various phases of work packages.
- As a Self Service user, you can create incident records within the Incidents module to report potentially unsafe conditions and to prevent accidents. The Incidents module also contains the Review Incidents application that you can use to review incident records.
- Ticket template creation to apply standardized templates to common and high-volume tickets. Standardized ticket templates save time and make safety and quality management operations more efficient. Applying a ticket template to a record results in data automatically appearing in some fields on the ticket. You can also add frequently used ticket templates to your Quick Insert portlet.
- Integration between Maximo for Oil and Gas and the IBM Chemical and Petroleum Integrated Information Framework and other MIMOSA OSA-EAI V3.2.1-based systems
The software also includes the IBM Maximo Incident Reporter application that supports reports of mobile device incidents. Mobile application features include creating incident logs, looking for incident logs, and uploading photos to the Maximo server.
The Oil & Gas market is changing, becoming increasingly disruptive and digital, and companies urgently need to be able to turn data into information. Systems like IBM Maximo will make it possible for the new Oil & Gas professionals that will be formed.
Author: Giovani Augusto Quintão Pereira